Goa is an undeveloped place and i think that is the only reason it is still so beautiful like a canvas painted by great painter God :) Beautiful beaches and natural beauty is charm of Goa. Transport system is not so good. I had seen few taxies and no auto there. For transportation you have to take bike or activa on rent. No Petrol pump or situated at very far. So u have to buy a bottle of petrol which is also very costly…
Goa is partitioned in 2 parts by a river. North Goa and South Goa. It has around 100 beaches. Few are famous. And calangute is the safest beach there. Many bollywood movies were shooted there.. And Goa is also famous for it’s nuts. Most of the foriegners were russian over there. And reason for that is Govt of Russia gives special subsidies, loans and even free trips to Goa. Yeah yeah i m telling you the reason. Actually India got free in 1947 but Goa got freedom in 1969. Till date it was under portugise rulers and portugise people promoted Goa as a tourist place to Russians by offering free or cheap trips for their business. And Russian Govt. Continued this tradition.Goa gets tourists only in December to Feb. Indian tourists go there only in Dec-Jan. And forigners till Feb.
UNESCO has added foolowing 25 new places as world heritage sites:
- Archaeological Sites of the Island of Meroe, Sudan
- Cathedral of Assumption, Nicaragua
- Fagus Factory in Alfeld, Germany
- Fort Jesus, Mombasa, Kenya
- Hiraizumi – The Buddhist Pure Land, Japan
- Historic Bridgetown, Barbados
- Kanya Lake System in the Great Rift Valley
- Ningaloo Coast, Australia
- Ogasawara Islands, Japan
- Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and the Ancient Beech Forests of Germany (Slovakia, Ukraine, Germany)
- Selimiye Mosque Social Complex at Edirne, Turkey
- Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra, Indonesia
- Wadi Rum protected area, Jordan
- West Lake cultural landscape of Hangzhou, China
- Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia, Colombia
- The Persian Garden, Iran
- Konso Cultural Landscape, Ethiopia
- The Causses and the Cévennes, Mediterranean
- Longobards in Italy. Places of the power (568-774 A.D., Italy
- Petroglyphs Complexes of the Mongolian Altai, Mongolia
- Saloum Delta, Senegal
- Cultural Landscape of the Serra de Tramuntana, Spain
- Prehistoric Pile dwellings around the Alps, Switzerland, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Slovenia
- Ancient Villages of Northern Syria, Syrian Arab Republic
- Cultural Sites of Al Ain (Hafit, Hili, BidaaBint Saud and Oases Areas), United Arab Emirates
- The Residence of Bukovinian and Dalmatian Metropolitans, Ukraine
- Citadel of the Ho Dynasty, Vietnam
Related postsread more
Given below are the top most world heritage sites out of all the world’s heritage sites according to the Global Heritage’s “Saving Our Vanishing Heritage” report:
1. The Great Wall of China
- Length: 5500.3 mile
- Total site visitors of 24,200,000
- Total revenues of $2,888,000,000
- Major portion of the Great Wall of China was built by the Ming Dynasty
- Begins at Shanhaiguan in the East and stretches till Lop Nur in the West and consists of many walls
- Construction of these numerous walls started from the 5th century BC and many were re-built between the 5th and 16th century AD
2. Forbidden City in Beijing
- World’s largest surviving palace complex.
- It is the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor
- Total site visitors of 18,000,000
- Total revenues of $1,920,000,000
- During the period 1420 to 1912, the sprawling palace complex changed hands from the Ming dynasty that ruled from 1368 to 1644 to the Qing dynasty that ruled from 1644 to 1911
3. Great Pyramids of Giza
- On the outskirts of Cairo.
- Historic Cairo has total site visitors of 4,000,000
- Total revenues of $576,000,000
- Of the three pyramids in the Giza Necropolis, the Pyramid of Khufu (also known as the Pyramid of Cheops) is the oldest and also the largest. It held the record as the tallest building in the world for 3800 years.
4. Celsus Library
- Built in AD 135 in the ruins of ancient Ephesus near Selcuk, 70 km (43 miles) from the western Turkish coastal city of Izmir.
- Ephesus has total site visitors of 3,500,000
- Total revenues of $572,000,000
- Built in 117 AD, the monolithic library was built in honour of Tiberiuis Julius Celsus Polemaeanus, governor of Asia in 115 AD by his son Gaius Julius Aquila.
- The library houses the tomb of Polemaeanus and it was during this time the third richest library in the world.
5. Golden Temple
- The holy Sikh shrine in Amritsar of Guru Gobind Singh.
- Amritsar has total site visitors of 5,500,000
- Total revenues of $460,000,000
- The temple was built under the patronage of Guru Arjan Dev, the fifth Sikh Guru.
- The foundation stone of the temple was laid by the Sufi saint Hazrat Mian Mir, a friend of the guru, in 1588 AD.
6. Angkor Wat temple
- The famous Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia is reflected in a pond.
- Angkor has total site visitors of 2,500,000
- Total revenues of $436,000,000
- The temple was built by King Suryavarman II in the early half of the 12th century AD and is the world’s largest religious building
- The Sun pyramids of Teotihuacan are outside Mexico City
- Teotihuacan has total site visitors of 4,200,000
- Total revenues of $432,000,000
8. Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu is in Cuzco.
- Built around 1450, Machu Picchu is also called ‘The Lost City of the Incas’
- Total site visitors of 2,400,000
- Total revenues of $384,000,000
9. Abu Simbel temple
- Abu Simbel temple is 3200 year old
- Located at the upper reaches of the Nile, around 1264 km (785 miles) south of Cairo.
- Abu Simbel has total site visitors of 2,000,000
- Total revenues of $320,000,000
- This temples is also famous for being relocated from its original site during the construction of the Aswan High Dam
- The ancient Egyptian capital of Thebes.
- Ancient Thebes has total site visitors of 2,000,000
- Total revenues of $320,000,000
- Thebes is the richest and largest archeological site in the world.
11. Taj Mahal
- Taj Mahal is in Agra, India.
- Taj Mahal has total site visitors of 2,400,000
- Total revenues of $288,000,000
- The fantastic Mughal style mausoleum was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal and took 20 years to complete (from 1632 to 1653)
- The cave site where 2,000 year old Hellenstic style wall paintings are being restored in Siq al-Barid in Beidha, nicknamed “Little Petra”, about five km (three miles) away from the rock carved city of Petra, southern Jordan.
- Petra has total site visitors of 1,600,000
- Total revenues of $268,800,000
- The cave complex which is famous for its rock-cut architecture and water conduits system also features in BBC’s “40 places that you must see before you die”.
13. Old Havana
- Cuba’s Capitol in Havana
- Old Havana and its Fortifications have total site visitors of 1,773,986
- Total revenues of $262,959,440
- Some of the main attractions in Old Havana are the Castillo del Morro, La Cabaña and National Capitol
14. Chichen Itza
- Mayan pyramid El Castillo (The Castle), is in Chichen Itza, in the southern state of Yucatan, Mexico
- The pre-Hispanic city of Chichen Itza has total site visitors of 2,600,000
- Total revenues of $248,000,000
- Historical Capital of Peru.
- The city of Cuzco, the erstwhile capital of the Inca empire, has total site visitors of 1,000,000
- Total revenues of $168,000,000
16. Old Damascus
- Old Damascus in in Syria with its Umayad Mosque.
- The ancient city of Damascus has total site visitors of 1,000,000
- Total revenues of $168,000,000
- Some of the attractions in Old Damascus include the Umayad Mosque, the Saladin Shrine, the Azm Palace, Maktab Anbar, Beit al-Mamlouka among others
India is one of the most demanding tourist destinations in Asia. India is a celebration of life that has been going on now for almost 5,000 years. It is mysterious, colorful, exotic, and always memorable. Travel to India shows, in spite of various diversities and changes, a unique and picturesque picture of the country.
A country is best known by its culture and civilization. India has a unique culture and civilization – one of the oldest and greatest civilizations of the world. India is a big package of culture and legend that never fails to captivate the imagination of the visitors.
India is truly a land of monuments. India has numerous historical monuments which have endured the centuries in all their intricate splendour. In whatever part of the country one moves, one finds numerous structures of temples, mosques, canopies, and secular structures like tanks, step-wells and bridges scattered all over the region which show different culture of the country during India tour.
Travel India to experience the awesome magnificence of the monuments of India. During Rajasthan tours one can marvels at many magnificent monuments of Rajasthan. The cities of Rajasthan are also very popular travel destination among both abroad as well as domestic tourists. Jaipur ( pink city) – the capital of Rajasthan, Udaipur – the city of lakes or the romantic city, Jodhapur – the blue city, Jaisalmer – the golden city are some of important cities of Rajasthan that Rajasthan City Guide covers.
Golden triangle tour is a most famous tourist attraction in India. The main cities of Golden Triangle Tours are Delhi (the capital of India), Jaipur (the capital of Rajasthan, India also known as the Pink City) and Agra (famous for its splendid Taj Mahal).
Apart from contemporary cities and ancient monuments, travel to India also offers a lot of variety to the visitors such as resorts, lush tropical jungles teeming with wildlife, vast Indo Gangetic Plains, mighty Himalaya and the long coastline embellished with golden beaches.
Goa is the best Indian resort and it is famous for its lovely beaches. During Goa tours one can experience Goa’s golden beaches, resorts, intricate architecture and independent culture.
Kerala is also famous for its lovely beaches, resorts, ayurveda and spa resorts, and natural beauty. Popularly called God’s own country, Kerala with its palms, sand and ocean is a perfect destination for beach vacations and appeals foreign tourists to travel to India.
For adventure sports lover India has Himalayan ranges. Himachal Tours may be more exciting for the adventure sports lover tourists. During Himachal tours one can enjoy the trekking in the foothills of the Himalayas or can enjoy other sports.
Wildlife in India is also very fascinating. During India tour tourists can enjoy of safari into 55 national parks teeming with wildlife to catch glimpse of the tiger. The most fascinating wildlife tour in India is Rajasthan wildlife tour. There is Ranthobhore National Park in Rajasthan which draws thousands of tourists eager for a glimpse of the tiger. Keoladeo Ghana brings bird-watchers to Rajasthan, India each year.
Some of other must-sees in India which appeal foreign tourists to travel to India are following.
Gateway of India and Haji Ali at Mumbai, the Charminar at Hyderabad, Kashmir with its beautiful valleys & gardens, the rustic beauty of Rajasthan, Uttaranchal, Shimla, Manali, Ooty and many more. These are the few places that you should not miss on your next travel to India.
Related postsread more
Aligarh can be called as the business capital of Uttar Pradesh. It is situated quite close to Agra too. Many tourists visit this city throughout the year to know more about the history of this place and also enjoy the beautiful views of the forts and monuments. Travel operators and hotels offer a variety of travel packages to Aligarh, including some of the neighboring tourist destinations in the package too. Accommodation will be provided in the best of hotels with good facilities. The operators take extra care for the foreign tourists as they are the main source of income for them.
Hotel Residency is a five star hotel which offers some of the exciting travel packages to Aligarh. The hotel is located quite close to the railway station and the bus stand. The hotel authorities give you the freedom of designing your own itinerary. You just need to quote the itinerary and the rest is taken care of. Prices are also quite reasonable. Sightseeing at the tourist attractions is also arranged for. The hotel rooms are all of top international standards. The hospitality that they provide is also very good.
Since Agra is just about 50 km away from this city, there are many operators arranging packages from Agra to this city. Hotel Amar Vilas in Agra is one of the best 5 star luxury hotels which offer travel packages to Aligarh including the nearby tourist destinations. The package price will be provided on request. The hotel is on par with any international hotel. The staffs are well mannered and accord the best hospitality. They make sure that you get to see enough of Agra and Aligarh. The forts and monuments in Aligarh is a must visit and is included in the itinerary.
Hotel Ruby is another good hotel which offers travel packages to Aligarh. The hotel is situated in Aligarh itself and so it’s quite comfortable for you. The package includes a 2 day visit to all the important monuments and forts in the city. A special tour to the city of Agra is also arranged for. The prices are provided on request. The Aligarh Muslim University’s campus is so huge and scenic that you can tour the campus to have a look at the architectural brilliance that prevailed in those times. Transportation is done in air conditioned coaches and the package is exclusive of guide charges.
Have you ever been to North India? If not then you are missing the most enchanting tourist region of incredible India. Diversity can be seen in its attractions which make it one of the favored destinations of international travelers. Whether you wish to experience the heavenly beauty of nature or live like a king, indulge in adventure sports and explore heritage monuments, travel to North India.
Rajasthan is the most famous destination of India which draws maximum number of international tourists. It is a land of raja-maharajas known for stunning palaces, forts, monuments, museums, gardens, hill station, fairs and festivals, handicrafts, cuisine and sand dunes. The facilities for adventure sports like polo, trekking, kite flying, angling, boating and camel safari are also available here. Stay in the heritage hotels and explore the rich cultural heritage of this wondrous land.
Steeped in sheer natural beauty, this is a perfect place for enjoying natural beauty and adventure. Affectionately dubbed as the ‘Lands of Goss’, Uttaranchal houses several pilgrimage sites. Snow-covered mountains, glaciers, trekking trials, passes, valleys, hill stations and wildlife are some of the striking attractions of Uttaranchal.
Himachal Pradesh Tour
Himachal Pradesh is aptly called the ‘mountain beauty’. It is one of the most popular destinations for honeymooners. Its natural beauty, romantic ambiance and refreshing environment make one feel in rhythm with mother nature. The attractions of Himachal Pradesh which capture the hears of tourists are valleys, waterfalls, mountains, temples, forts, lakes, passes, wildlife and springs.
Jammu and Kashmir Tour
This destination is popularly known as the heaven on earth because of its incredible natural beauty. Its majestic mountains enveloped in snow, gardens blooming with colorful flowers, mesmerizing lakes, traditional houseboats, fresh fruits and amazing handicrafts are some of the enchanting attractions. Leh-Ladakh is a great destination in Kashmir which is perfect for adventure lovers. It is popularly known as ‘snow desert’.
Agra in Uttar Pradesh is a world famous tourist destination of India which is famous for its Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. This structure is built of white marble and its architectural beauty is simply fascinating. Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri are the other attractions of Agra.
Monuments Tour of India introduces you to the best part of India, its culture, traditions and many more that can never be forgotten. The inheritance and customs of North India percolated in its majestic past will surely attract you the most. While visiting north India you will be able to discover varied sides of this particular region by making the most of different kinds of tour packages that are being offered and can be chosen easily. The Golden Triangle Tour of North India is also the part of Monuments Tour of India. It is one of the most liked tours presented by the travel companies in Travel India. This trip is one of the most admirable tours of India, liked by all the tourists visiting India.
Though, the best time to travel around these cities is during the cooler weather excluding the months of August to February, but it can be intended any time of the year because of its all time admirable and well-liked beauty. Monuments Tour of India covers up the whole entourage of North India including a visit to the famous Taj Mahal. This tour mainly includes the three most important and most sought after cities of India – Delhi, Jaipur and city of Taj Agra.
North India tour includes many monuments, forts, and palaces. The “Taj Mahal” which is one of the most beautiful monuments of the world, is included in the Seven Wonders of the World and very well-liked by all the visitors. It is an amazing monument that has no equivalent in the whole world. The Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jaisalmer Fort, Hawa Mahal, and City Palace of Jaipur are also the beautiful monuments and wonderful forts and palaces in the North India.
Travel India tour will not be complete without a visit to its dense forests where plentiful wildlife species can be found in their natural surroundings. The famous destinations to be covered for this special purpose include Udaipur, Bharatpur, Ranthambhore, Agra, Kanha, Jabalpur Nagpur and of course Jaipur. You will be enjoying the sights of Hyena, tigers, lions, jackals, elephants, sloth bear, jungle fowls and pheasants while visiting north India on this tour.
Related postsread more
Taj Mahal is one of the most beautiful monument and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. In 1631 the emperor Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal in memory of his wife Mumtaz. It is India’s most recognized monument of the world. The beauty of this superb monument is such that it is beyond the scope of words. The very first sight of this monument, the epitome of love and romance leaves one mesmerized.
The construction of this wonderful building started in 1931 that takes 22 years and finally completed in 1653. 20,000 labour worked day and night to complete this milky marble tomb. It designed by Ustad Ahmad Lahori and percian architect. Its superb, wonderful and aesthetic beauty hypnotize its viewers. Her body is inside the monument, together with that of the emperor.
The purity of the white marble, the delicate embellishment, costly gemstones used and its picturesque location, all make Taj increase a place amongst the most popular ones. This supreme temple of love, standing gracefully by the sacred Yumana at Agra, has become the monument of a man’s love for a woman. The Taj Mahal tour of Agra is thus truly enthralling and visitors are charmed by the beauty and glory of such a great work of art. Tourists in large numbers flock at the venue of the monument.
It’s beauty is sure to cast a magic spell on you forever. There is no other tombstone in the world, which can match the splendor and grandeur of this monument. The color of the Taj changes with every change that takes place in the sky. The golden pink Taj at dawn turns into dazzling white at noon. Giving way to the sultry orange at sunset is the milky blue at night. Viewing the Taj on Full moon nights is a blissful experience. No wonder then, the Taj Mahal is the most sought after destination by a foreign traveler. The reflections of the Taj in the water pond in front of it or in the Yamuna waters in the back are some of the breath taking views.
India Tours is incomplete without having experiencing the Taj Mahal. So stay ready to experience of Unimaginable & Incredible Taj Mahal for a truly outstanding holiday of a lifetime. The Taj experience is more then just seeing a beautiful monument of India. It is a once in a lifetime experience. One that leaves you with many cherished memories to last a lifetime.
Many people purchase economy class tickets because of the price. However, these flights can be crowded and uncomfortable. If you are willing to put in some extra steps, you may be able to purchase cheap business class tickets for your flight. You will get better service, more legroom, private televisions, and more. Here are some tips for getting a business class ticket on your cheap flights:
Utilize the Airport Counter
Many people enjoy the convenience of online shopping. However, all the available options aren’t always accessible online. Get to the airport early on the day of your flight and talk to your airline counter. You can ask the attendant to mark your ticket as eligible for upgrade. That way, if there is an upgrade available, you maybe offered it at the gate. Also, once on the plane, if you see an empty business class seat you can ask to be moved.
Use your Frequent Flyer Miles or Card
Obviously, if you have enough miles to cover the cost you can get a business class ticket absolutely free. In addition many cards offer perks such as free or priority upgrades. Use these benefits to your advantage to get the seats you want.
You can likely upgrade your seat at any point from the moment you book your ticket to departure day. However, if you ask the day of your flight, you might get a better deal. Once it’s clear that seat is likely going to be empty, the airline will try to make any money on it that they can. These seats are first-come first-serve, so you will want to arrive early. Last minute discounts can be substantial you just have to ask!
Different airlines might have the same route at different prices. If you have frequently flyer miles, you might be stuck with one airline. Otherwise, it’s a good idea to shop around to make sure you are purchasing the best deal. Some deals are specific to business travelers or business class seats. Your best bet is to start your search early so that you can check for trends and have enough time to find a good deal. You can also sign up for fare alerts. These websites will send an email out when they’ve found a good price for a flight.
Purchase Non-refundable Tickets
This option can be risky, but it often comes with cheaper prices. Consider purchasing travel insurance if you are worried about this option.
Is the three-hour tarmac rule working?
In 2009, there was a remarkable incident at Minnesota’s Rochdale International Airport when forty-seven people were held against their will on an airplane without properly working toilets for seven hours. During this time, they were in sight of the airport’s buildings, but the airport staff refused to open a gate. This was the straw that broke the Department of Transport’s back and it introduced the now popular three-hour rule. The intention is to force airlines and airport operators to treat passengers with basic decency.
If a US or foreign airplane on a domestic flight is held on the tarmac for more than two hours, the airline must provide adequate food and drinking water. If the delay is more than three hours, the airline must allow the passengers to leave the airplane. This timetable is shortened if there’s a medical emergency or the toilets cease to work. Except, you can only leave the airplane at a formal gate. It’s not safe or practical to have you jump or slide down on to the tarmac in the middle of the runway system. This puts significant pressure on the airport operator to make gates available as the time limit approaches. If the airlines breach the rules, there’s a federal fine of up to $27,500 per passenger affected. As to international flights, all airlines must publish their rules about tarmac delays which cannot exceed four hours, and breach of these rules will also produce fines.
There are other issues addressed under the rules. For example, some take-off slots are at very congested times and, even a few minutes delay at the gate can mean the slot is lost and the flight must be rescheduled. If this happens consistently at one or more slot times, every flight will be treated as cancelled and the airlines fined for deceptive practices. Airlines must also nominate identified individuals to communicate with passengers on a timely basis, and cannot seek to exclude liability in the terms and conditions, particularly on cheap flights. There have been increases in the number of flights cancelled and the number of slots has been rationalized at some crowded airports. So this has represented an improvement both passengers on both full-price and cheap flights.
Traveling to the top 5 largest airports in the world and subsequently exploring the cities where these airports are can be quite an adventure but it can be rather expensive if you do not get cheap air tickets. Traveling abroad is one of those things that many people would like to do but for those who cannot afford the current prices, waiting for promos to get cheap air tickets is the logical thing to do. What are the top largest airports though and is getting cheap airfare possible when going to these places?
Approaching airports from above has a certain joy for many pilots and for passengers, the plane landing on the runway is as exciting as getting off a bus to a destination you have never been before. In this article, there will not be any talk of the largest airport in terms of size but the largest airports in the world in terms of traffic as defined by the number of people arriving and leaving through that airport each year.
In 2011, Atlanta clocked in 92, 365, 860 people. This year, the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International is still number one. Atlanta, GA is a major tourist destination for many Americans and also a great destination for many foreigners. Considered as an Alpha-World city, Atlanta, Georgia is definitely a wonderful place to go to whether you are looking for historical attractions, amusement or have to take care of business.
Beijing Capital International Airport made it to second place this year. It is a given that Beijing is quite a busy place considering its megacity status. In the year 2009, Beijing Capital International Airport became the 14th busiest airport in terms of cargo traffic. It registered 1, 420, 997 tons.
London Heathrow Airport makes it to the third place for the world’s busiest airport list. According to statistics, it is also the busiest in Europe by passenger traffic. London’s main airport is followed by O’Hare International Airport in Chicago. Prior to the year 2005, Chicago O’Hare International Airport was the busiest when it comes to landings and takeoffs.
Tokyo International Airport takes the fifth place for this year. The megacity is a major business hub for Asia making it a likely destination for many businessmen. If you want to go to these places, buying straight from the airlines that fly there will land you on cheap air tickets.