Goa is an undeveloped place and i think that is the only reason it is still so beautiful like a canvas painted by great painter God :) Beautiful beaches and natural beauty is charm of Goa. Transport system is not so good. I had seen few taxies and no auto there. For transportation you have to take bike or activa on rent. No Petrol pump or situated at very far. So u have to buy a bottle of petrol which is also very costly…
Goa is partitioned in 2 parts by a river. North Goa and South Goa. It has around 100 beaches. Few are famous. And calangute is the safest beach there. Many bollywood movies were shooted there.. And Goa is also famous for it’s nuts. Most of the foriegners were russian over there. And reason for that is Govt of Russia gives special subsidies, loans and even free trips to Goa. Yeah yeah i m telling you the reason. Actually India got free in 1947 but Goa got freedom in 1969. Till date it was under portugise rulers and portugise people promoted Goa as a tourist place to Russians by offering free or cheap trips for their business. And Russian Govt. Continued this tradition.Goa gets tourists only in December to Feb. Indian tourists go there only in Dec-Jan. And forigners till Feb.
UNESCO has added foolowing 25 new places as world heritage sites:
- Archaeological Sites of the Island of Meroe, Sudan
- Cathedral of Assumption, Nicaragua
- Fagus Factory in Alfeld, Germany
- Fort Jesus, Mombasa, Kenya
- Hiraizumi – The Buddhist Pure Land, Japan
- Historic Bridgetown, Barbados
- Kanya Lake System in the Great Rift Valley
- Ningaloo Coast, Australia
- Ogasawara Islands, Japan
- Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and the Ancient Beech Forests of Germany (Slovakia, Ukraine, Germany)
- Selimiye Mosque Social Complex at Edirne, Turkey
- Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra, Indonesia
- Wadi Rum protected area, Jordan
- West Lake cultural landscape of Hangzhou, China
- Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia, Colombia
- The Persian Garden, Iran
- Konso Cultural Landscape, Ethiopia
- The Causses and the Cévennes, Mediterranean
- Longobards in Italy. Places of the power (568-774 A.D., Italy
- Petroglyphs Complexes of the Mongolian Altai, Mongolia
- Saloum Delta, Senegal
- Cultural Landscape of the Serra de Tramuntana, Spain
- Prehistoric Pile dwellings around the Alps, Switzerland, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Slovenia
- Ancient Villages of Northern Syria, Syrian Arab Republic
- Cultural Sites of Al Ain (Hafit, Hili, BidaaBint Saud and Oases Areas), United Arab Emirates
- The Residence of Bukovinian and Dalmatian Metropolitans, Ukraine
- Citadel of the Ho Dynasty, Vietnam
Related postsread more
Given below are the top most world heritage sites out of all the world’s heritage sites according to the Global Heritage’s “Saving Our Vanishing Heritage” report:
1. The Great Wall of China
- Length: 5500.3 mile
- Total site visitors of 24,200,000
- Total revenues of $2,888,000,000
- Major portion of the Great Wall of China was built by the Ming Dynasty
- Begins at Shanhaiguan in the East and stretches till Lop Nur in the West and consists of many walls
- Construction of these numerous walls started from the 5th century BC and many were re-built between the 5th and 16th century AD
2. Forbidden City in Beijing
- World’s largest surviving palace complex.
- It is the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor
- Total site visitors of 18,000,000
- Total revenues of $1,920,000,000
- During the period 1420 to 1912, the sprawling palace complex changed hands from the Ming dynasty that ruled from 1368 to 1644 to the Qing dynasty that ruled from 1644 to 1911
3. Great Pyramids of Giza
- On the outskirts of Cairo.
- Historic Cairo has total site visitors of 4,000,000
- Total revenues of $576,000,000
- Of the three pyramids in the Giza Necropolis, the Pyramid of Khufu (also known as the Pyramid of Cheops) is the oldest and also the largest. It held the record as the tallest building in the world for 3800 years.
4. Celsus Library
- Built in AD 135 in the ruins of ancient Ephesus near Selcuk, 70 km (43 miles) from the western Turkish coastal city of Izmir.
- Ephesus has total site visitors of 3,500,000
- Total revenues of $572,000,000
- Built in 117 AD, the monolithic library was built in honour of Tiberiuis Julius Celsus Polemaeanus, governor of Asia in 115 AD by his son Gaius Julius Aquila.
- The library houses the tomb of Polemaeanus and it was during this time the third richest library in the world.
5. Golden Temple
- The holy Sikh shrine in Amritsar of Guru Gobind Singh.
- Amritsar has total site visitors of 5,500,000
- Total revenues of $460,000,000
- The temple was built under the patronage of Guru Arjan Dev, the fifth Sikh Guru.
- The foundation stone of the temple was laid by the Sufi saint Hazrat Mian Mir, a friend of the guru, in 1588 AD.
6. Angkor Wat temple
- The famous Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia is reflected in a pond.
- Angkor has total site visitors of 2,500,000
- Total revenues of $436,000,000
- The temple was built by King Suryavarman II in the early half of the 12th century AD and is the world’s largest religious building
- The Sun pyramids of Teotihuacan are outside Mexico City
- Teotihuacan has total site visitors of 4,200,000
- Total revenues of $432,000,000
8. Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu is in Cuzco.
- Built around 1450, Machu Picchu is also called ‘The Lost City of the Incas’
- Total site visitors of 2,400,000
- Total revenues of $384,000,000
9. Abu Simbel temple
- Abu Simbel temple is 3200 year old
- Located at the upper reaches of the Nile, around 1264 km (785 miles) south of Cairo.
- Abu Simbel has total site visitors of 2,000,000
- Total revenues of $320,000,000
- This temples is also famous for being relocated from its original site during the construction of the Aswan High Dam
- The ancient Egyptian capital of Thebes.
- Ancient Thebes has total site visitors of 2,000,000
- Total revenues of $320,000,000
- Thebes is the richest and largest archeological site in the world.
11. Taj Mahal
- Taj Mahal is in Agra, India.
- Taj Mahal has total site visitors of 2,400,000
- Total revenues of $288,000,000
- The fantastic Mughal style mausoleum was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal and took 20 years to complete (from 1632 to 1653)
- The cave site where 2,000 year old Hellenstic style wall paintings are being restored in Siq al-Barid in Beidha, nicknamed “Little Petra”, about five km (three miles) away from the rock carved city of Petra, southern Jordan.
- Petra has total site visitors of 1,600,000
- Total revenues of $268,800,000
- The cave complex which is famous for its rock-cut architecture and water conduits system also features in BBC’s “40 places that you must see before you die”.
13. Old Havana
- Cuba’s Capitol in Havana
- Old Havana and its Fortifications have total site visitors of 1,773,986
- Total revenues of $262,959,440
- Some of the main attractions in Old Havana are the Castillo del Morro, La Cabaña and National Capitol
14. Chichen Itza
- Mayan pyramid El Castillo (The Castle), is in Chichen Itza, in the southern state of Yucatan, Mexico
- The pre-Hispanic city of Chichen Itza has total site visitors of 2,600,000
- Total revenues of $248,000,000
- Historical Capital of Peru.
- The city of Cuzco, the erstwhile capital of the Inca empire, has total site visitors of 1,000,000
- Total revenues of $168,000,000
16. Old Damascus
- Old Damascus in in Syria with its Umayad Mosque.
- The ancient city of Damascus has total site visitors of 1,000,000
- Total revenues of $168,000,000
- Some of the attractions in Old Damascus include the Umayad Mosque, the Saladin Shrine, the Azm Palace, Maktab Anbar, Beit al-Mamlouka among others
India is one of the most demanding tourist destinations in Asia. India is a celebration of life that has been going on now for almost 5,000 years. It is mysterious, colorful, exotic, and always memorable. Travel to India shows, in spite of various diversities and changes, a unique and picturesque picture of the country.
A country is best known by its culture and civilization. India has a unique culture and civilization – one of the oldest and greatest civilizations of the world. India is a big package of culture and legend that never fails to captivate the imagination of the visitors.
India is truly a land of monuments. India has numerous historical monuments which have endured the centuries in all their intricate splendour. In whatever part of the country one moves, one finds numerous structures of temples, mosques, canopies, and secular structures like tanks, step-wells and bridges scattered all over the region which show different culture of the country during India tour.
Travel India to experience the awesome magnificence of the monuments of India. During Rajasthan tours one can marvels at many magnificent monuments of Rajasthan. The cities of Rajasthan are also very popular travel destination among both abroad as well as domestic tourists. Jaipur ( pink city) – the capital of Rajasthan, Udaipur – the city of lakes or the romantic city, Jodhapur – the blue city, Jaisalmer – the golden city are some of important cities of Rajasthan that Rajasthan City Guide covers.
Golden triangle tour is a most famous tourist attraction in India. The main cities of Golden Triangle Tours are Delhi (the capital of India), Jaipur (the capital of Rajasthan, India also known as the Pink City) and Agra (famous for its splendid Taj Mahal).
Apart from contemporary cities and ancient monuments, travel to India also offers a lot of variety to the visitors such as resorts, lush tropical jungles teeming with wildlife, vast Indo Gangetic Plains, mighty Himalaya and the long coastline embellished with golden beaches.
Goa is the best Indian resort and it is famous for its lovely beaches. During Goa tours one can experience Goa’s golden beaches, resorts, intricate architecture and independent culture.
Kerala is also famous for its lovely beaches, resorts, ayurveda and spa resorts, and natural beauty. Popularly called God’s own country, Kerala with its palms, sand and ocean is a perfect destination for beach vacations and appeals foreign tourists to travel to India.
For adventure sports lover India has Himalayan ranges. Himachal Tours may be more exciting for the adventure sports lover tourists. During Himachal tours one can enjoy the trekking in the foothills of the Himalayas or can enjoy other sports.
Wildlife in India is also very fascinating. During India tour tourists can enjoy of safari into 55 national parks teeming with wildlife to catch glimpse of the tiger. The most fascinating wildlife tour in India is Rajasthan wildlife tour. There is Ranthobhore National Park in Rajasthan which draws thousands of tourists eager for a glimpse of the tiger. Keoladeo Ghana brings bird-watchers to Rajasthan, India each year.
Some of other must-sees in India which appeal foreign tourists to travel to India are following.
Gateway of India and Haji Ali at Mumbai, the Charminar at Hyderabad, Kashmir with its beautiful valleys & gardens, the rustic beauty of Rajasthan, Uttaranchal, Shimla, Manali, Ooty and many more. These are the few places that you should not miss on your next travel to India.
Related postsread more
Aligarh can be called as the business capital of Uttar Pradesh. It is situated quite close to Agra too. Many tourists visit this city throughout the year to know more about the history of this place and also enjoy the beautiful views of the forts and monuments. Travel operators and hotels offer a variety of travel packages to Aligarh, including some of the neighboring tourist destinations in the package too. Accommodation will be provided in the best of hotels with good facilities. The operators take extra care for the foreign tourists as they are the main source of income for them.
Hotel Residency is a five star hotel which offers some of the exciting travel packages to Aligarh. The hotel is located quite close to the railway station and the bus stand. The hotel authorities give you the freedom of designing your own itinerary. You just need to quote the itinerary and the rest is taken care of. Prices are also quite reasonable. Sightseeing at the tourist attractions is also arranged for. The hotel rooms are all of top international standards. The hospitality that they provide is also very good.
Since Agra is just about 50 km away from this city, there are many operators arranging packages from Agra to this city. Hotel Amar Vilas in Agra is one of the best 5 star luxury hotels which offer travel packages to Aligarh including the nearby tourist destinations. The package price will be provided on request. The hotel is on par with any international hotel. The staffs are well mannered and accord the best hospitality. They make sure that you get to see enough of Agra and Aligarh. The forts and monuments in Aligarh is a must visit and is included in the itinerary.
Hotel Ruby is another good hotel which offers travel packages to Aligarh. The hotel is situated in Aligarh itself and so it’s quite comfortable for you. The package includes a 2 day visit to all the important monuments and forts in the city. A special tour to the city of Agra is also arranged for. The prices are provided on request. The Aligarh Muslim University’s campus is so huge and scenic that you can tour the campus to have a look at the architectural brilliance that prevailed in those times. Transportation is done in air conditioned coaches and the package is exclusive of guide charges.
Have you ever been to North India? If not then you are missing the most enchanting tourist region of incredible India. Diversity can be seen in its attractions which make it one of the favored destinations of international travelers. Whether you wish to experience the heavenly beauty of nature or live like a king, indulge in adventure sports and explore heritage monuments, travel to North India.
Rajasthan is the most famous destination of India which draws maximum number of international tourists. It is a land of raja-maharajas known for stunning palaces, forts, monuments, museums, gardens, hill station, fairs and festivals, handicrafts, cuisine and sand dunes. The facilities for adventure sports like polo, trekking, kite flying, angling, boating and camel safari are also available here. Stay in the heritage hotels and explore the rich cultural heritage of this wondrous land.
Steeped in sheer natural beauty, this is a perfect place for enjoying natural beauty and adventure. Affectionately dubbed as the ‘Lands of Goss’, Uttaranchal houses several pilgrimage sites. Snow-covered mountains, glaciers, trekking trials, passes, valleys, hill stations and wildlife are some of the striking attractions of Uttaranchal.
Himachal Pradesh Tour
Himachal Pradesh is aptly called the ‘mountain beauty’. It is one of the most popular destinations for honeymooners. Its natural beauty, romantic ambiance and refreshing environment make one feel in rhythm with mother nature. The attractions of Himachal Pradesh which capture the hears of tourists are valleys, waterfalls, mountains, temples, forts, lakes, passes, wildlife and springs.
Jammu and Kashmir Tour
This destination is popularly known as the heaven on earth because of its incredible natural beauty. Its majestic mountains enveloped in snow, gardens blooming with colorful flowers, mesmerizing lakes, traditional houseboats, fresh fruits and amazing handicrafts are some of the enchanting attractions. Leh-Ladakh is a great destination in Kashmir which is perfect for adventure lovers. It is popularly known as ‘snow desert’.
Agra in Uttar Pradesh is a world famous tourist destination of India which is famous for its Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. This structure is built of white marble and its architectural beauty is simply fascinating. Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri are the other attractions of Agra.
Monuments Tour of India introduces you to the best part of India, its culture, traditions and many more that can never be forgotten. The inheritance and customs of North India percolated in its majestic past will surely attract you the most. While visiting north India you will be able to discover varied sides of this particular region by making the most of different kinds of tour packages that are being offered and can be chosen easily. The Golden Triangle Tour of North India is also the part of Monuments Tour of India. It is one of the most liked tours presented by the travel companies in Travel India. This trip is one of the most admirable tours of India, liked by all the tourists visiting India.
Though, the best time to travel around these cities is during the cooler weather excluding the months of August to February, but it can be intended any time of the year because of its all time admirable and well-liked beauty. Monuments Tour of India covers up the whole entourage of North India including a visit to the famous Taj Mahal. This tour mainly includes the three most important and most sought after cities of India – Delhi, Jaipur and city of Taj Agra.
North India tour includes many monuments, forts, and palaces. The “Taj Mahal” which is one of the most beautiful monuments of the world, is included in the Seven Wonders of the World and very well-liked by all the visitors. It is an amazing monument that has no equivalent in the whole world. The Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jaisalmer Fort, Hawa Mahal, and City Palace of Jaipur are also the beautiful monuments and wonderful forts and palaces in the North India.
Travel India tour will not be complete without a visit to its dense forests where plentiful wildlife species can be found in their natural surroundings. The famous destinations to be covered for this special purpose include Udaipur, Bharatpur, Ranthambhore, Agra, Kanha, Jabalpur Nagpur and of course Jaipur. You will be enjoying the sights of Hyena, tigers, lions, jackals, elephants, sloth bear, jungle fowls and pheasants while visiting north India on this tour.
Related postsread more
Taj Mahal is one of the most beautiful monument and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. In 1631 the emperor Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal in memory of his wife Mumtaz. It is India’s most recognized monument of the world. The beauty of this superb monument is such that it is beyond the scope of words. The very first sight of this monument, the epitome of love and romance leaves one mesmerized.
The construction of this wonderful building started in 1931 that takes 22 years and finally completed in 1653. 20,000 labour worked day and night to complete this milky marble tomb. It designed by Ustad Ahmad Lahori and percian architect. Its superb, wonderful and aesthetic beauty hypnotize its viewers. Her body is inside the monument, together with that of the emperor.
The purity of the white marble, the delicate embellishment, costly gemstones used and its picturesque location, all make Taj increase a place amongst the most popular ones. This supreme temple of love, standing gracefully by the sacred Yumana at Agra, has become the monument of a man’s love for a woman. The Taj Mahal tour of Agra is thus truly enthralling and visitors are charmed by the beauty and glory of such a great work of art. Tourists in large numbers flock at the venue of the monument.
It’s beauty is sure to cast a magic spell on you forever. There is no other tombstone in the world, which can match the splendor and grandeur of this monument. The color of the Taj changes with every change that takes place in the sky. The golden pink Taj at dawn turns into dazzling white at noon. Giving way to the sultry orange at sunset is the milky blue at night. Viewing the Taj on Full moon nights is a blissful experience. No wonder then, the Taj Mahal is the most sought after destination by a foreign traveler. The reflections of the Taj in the water pond in front of it or in the Yamuna waters in the back are some of the breath taking views.
India Tours is incomplete without having experiencing the Taj Mahal. So stay ready to experience of Unimaginable & Incredible Taj Mahal for a truly outstanding holiday of a lifetime. The Taj experience is more then just seeing a beautiful monument of India. It is a once in a lifetime experience. One that leaves you with many cherished memories to last a lifetime.
Fishing is typically thought of as an individual, relaxing sport. However, you can also find many areas where fishing is high action, high intensity competition. Sportfishing is a sport that involves the skills you need as a fisherman, but it also requires you to have the strength and stamina to handle large saltwater fish. There are many places where you can participate in sportfishing events, including Los Cabos in Baja California. If you are interested in this type of fishing, you can easily rent a slip for your boat at cabo marina.
When you comes to the area to experience cabo fishing, you will find a variety of species available to fish. One of the top fishing finds in the area is tuna, though you can also find wahoo, dorado, sierra and yellowtail. All of these species are found in the tournaments held in the area. You can find tournaments scheduled throughout the year, with the best competitions being held in the spring and fall. If you want to practice before you enter into a tournament, make sure to check the fishing reports to see what the conditions are for your trip.
If you do not have your own fishing vessel, you can always charter at boat at Cabo marina. Charting a boat is also a great way to be introduced to the realm of sportfishing if you have never done it before. Fishing charters are available for individuals as well as groups of up to ten people. These charters often take off in the morning when fishing conditions are at their peak. You will also want to make sure of what you are paying for when you rent a charter. If you do not have fishing equipment to use, make sure that the boat charter offers that for you.
Whether you want to experience true Cabo fishing on your own or with a group of friends, Los Cabos is an excellent destination to find some of the best catches in the sea. If you are already an experienced fisher, the local fishing competitions are also some of the best in the world.
Travelers who are visiting Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville on Vancouver Island in British Columbia will find several places to stay in the area. One of the places to stay in rathtrevor beach parksville is a vacation home above the beach. This home is set in a forested park, and guests can enjoy the outdoors while they eat. There is a table on the patio, and the dining table in the kitchen is next to a window. People who stay in this home during their parksville vacation can get exercise by walking along the beach.
Walking is just one of the things to do at Rathrevor Beach Provincial Park. The warm water makes it a great place for swimming. There are places for picnicking, and the beach is an ideal location to watch birds during the spring. The Qualicum National Wildlife Area approximately five miles from the Parksville vacation home is another good place to watch birds. Parksville’s city parks provide more opportunities for outdoor recreation. Community Park has a beach, a waterfront walkway, a picnic shelter and a playground. Visitors can enjoy the water in the swimming hole at Top Bridge Park. This park also has trails for mountain biking. Foster Park has walking trails and a small playground.
Visitors who spend their Parksville vacation in this home near Rathtrevor Beach Parksville are close to several area attractions. An adventure park with miniature golf, bumper cars and an arcade is less than a mile from the vacation home. Craig Heritage Park is also less than a mile away. Exhibits at the park’s museum focus on the early settlers in the area. Historic buildings in the park were built in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Downtown Parksville is approximately two miles from the vacation home. Shops here sell clothing, books, gifts and artwork. Visitors can enjoy pizza, seafood and steak in the restaurants here. Little Qualicum Cheeseworks is on Morningstar Farm approximately five miles from the vacation home. Visitors can sample artisan cheeses and tour the farm. They can also sample wine at the MooBerry Winery on the property.
Content provided by gatwickparkingmeetandgreet.co.uk – gatwick meet and greet parking
If you are a novice traveler, then there are some guidelines you may want to follow. The tips in this article will help you plan trips more effectively and make better choices when it comes to planning your destination.
To adjust to a new time zone faster, try to stay up until about 8pm local time. Though you may be tired, succumbing to sleep earlier than you should may end up making your jet lag worse because you have not allowed your body to recalibrate.
Try to get a hotel room on a high floor. You should also opt for a room without sliding doors.Rooms with these are easier to get into.
Keep your most important belongings when traveling. Do not carry a bag with zippers that provide easy access to people near you that could easily take your stuff. Make sure you take this advice when purchasing a dependable travel bag.
If you wear them, remember to take an extra pair with you in your luggage. This will help to ensure that if your current pair breaks on the plane. You may not want to keep them in your carry on bag, or you can pack them into a suitcase if you prefer.
Research a variety of hotels, expected weather conditions and other vital information.
If you know that currency exchange will not be available to you soon after you land, exchange some of your money before you leave, and exchange the rest once you have found a currency exchange.
Try not to exchange currency when you are in a new country.There is an easier way to obtain your hands on foreign currency. You can simply get foreign currency from an ATM at a bank ATM. These machines will usually have the best exchange rates and are much less expensive than an exchange.
Travel can be used as a way of educating your family members. As long as you’re cautious, the developing world can be a good place to visit, as they can offer extremely enlightening experiences for your children and you.
If you are planning on going out of the country, buy a voltage converter or electrical adapter.If you wait to buy one until you arrive at the airport or your destination, you will probably pay a lot more than the normal price.
You do not always have to travel far from home to enjoy a fun weekend getaway. There are many things to do in your state or the neighboring ones. You can support your local economy by remaining close to home. You can be delighted to discover a place you had never knew existed.
Try getting in some physical activity before your flight. This will help you avoid the monotony of a long flights. Sitting in the same position for a long period of time can cramp up your legs and back cramps.
Take turns driving when you are traveling with others. If you drive too much, the driver that takes your place will be alone for the trip while you sleep. Do not wait until you are too tired to do so safely. Switch places with other drivers every few hours to give both time to rest. This rotation will keep you nice and refreshed for the drive.
If you have a long travel time you should ensure that you give yourself some time to stretch, make it a habit to get up from your seat and stretch about once every hour. Sitting for prolonged periods of time can cause blood clots and actually harm your muscles.
Always pack bottled water when you are traveling to a different country.The water you find in other countries is often not purified and could cause different sicknesses. Use bottled water any time you need water such as when you brush your teeth with.You can also become ill from using the tap water.
Be very cautious of any unsolicited emails you receive for travel deal emails.
Hopefully this material has offered some useful thoughts on getting the process of planning a trip underway. These strategies were compiled to give new travelers the basics, as well as other great techniques that are easy to do when going on a trip.